Celebrating Excellence at Clearfield Job Corps
June 7th, 2011
Every year MTC celebrates excellence by asking each Job Corps Center to make nominations in specific categories. The community supporter of the year for Clearfield Job Corps is Sherri Freston. She was also selected as MTC’s top community supporter of the year for all MTC centers.
Sherri Freston is the Director of Human Resources at HCR Manor Care, a national partner of Job Corps. She was nominated by the Admissions, Business and Community Department.
Sherri is a member of our Community Relations Council and has continually shown her commitment to Clearfield Job Corps through:
• Providing intern experiences for an estimated 200 students per year to get “real work” training and helping them learn better employability skills
• Hiring students that have proven to be great employees
• Speaking to our employer and community partners about her experience working with students in the Work-based Learning program
• Encouraging other employers to become Work-based Learning partners
• Writing letters of support to Congress in support of the Job Corps program and its students, and encouraging others to do the same.
HCR Manor Care has been an excellent Work Based Learning partner since 1991 for Health Occupations, Culinary Arts and Business Technologies, hiring over 50 students!
They provide clinical training for our students getting their CNA license through Davis Applied Technology College and play an integral role in a student’s success, even for those who are placed with other employers or move back home.
The staff members at Manor Care are also incredible in the way they train students and are always willing to take a few extra. HCR Manor Care in Ogden, Utah is a phenomenal partner and truly deserving of this nomination.
Sherri is the driving force behind this wonderful partnership, and with her belief in our students abilities and strong passion to make a difference in their lives, she has instilled in our students a confidence in themselves. We are privileged to have the opportunity to work with her and her staff.