Faces of Job Corps: Rueben H.
July 30th, 2010
Ruben was going nowhere; he dropped out of school and didn’t have a job or a plan for his life. Within a short time Ruben’s entire outlook changed. He wanted to learn and found the motivation to learn a trade while working part-time so he enrolled at Job Corps and since then has:
- Completed the Plumbing trade
- Completed both GED and HS diploma
- Competed in Skills USA
-Won Gold in the Regional Skills USA Competition (Post-Secondary)
-Won Silver at the State Skills USA Competition (Post-Secondary)
- July 31, 2009 – Graduated from Fred G. Acosta Job Corps Center
- Hired at Naughton’s Plumbing Supply
- Within two weeks was promoted to Sales, in January was promoted to Asst. Manager and in May, Ruben became the youngest store manager in Naughton’s history.
“Job Corps was my wakeup call!”